Semantics of !~ operator

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 28 14:07:15 CEST 2015

On Apr 28, 2015, at 7:36 AM, Gerald Vogt <vogt at spamcop.net> wrote:
> The default server has the Called-Station-Id attribute, it does correctly extract the SSID from the Id and it correctly puts it into the Called-Station-SSID. I even do some checks in unlang based on that SSID in the outer server and they show results as expected.

  Hmm... the TTLS / PEAP code only copies over RADIUS *protocol* attributes.  It doesn't copy anything else.  I suppose that should be documented better.

> So I suppose in that context the attribute exists. But it doesn't go into the inner tunnel. Neither by means of the eap module copy_request_to_tunnel=yes nor by the added "update request" in the inner tunnel.

  You should be able to do:

update request {
	Called-Station-SSID := &outer.request:Called-Station-SSID
}

  If that doesn't work, it's likely a bug.

> Yes. I know that. That's how I did it in the beginning. My own "ssid" policy does not modify Called-Station-Id and thus I could extract the SSID in the inner tunnel as well.

  Just run the policy in the inner tunnel, not the outer one.