buffered_sql problem

Ricardo LarraƱaga ricardo.larranaga at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:13:57 CEST 2015

Hello Guys:
I was wondering if you could help me with an issue that i am having with my
buffered_sql configuration.

I am using freeradius 3.0.4, under centos 7, and with buffered sql
configuration, and since 3 days ago, no accounting records are being
imported into my database.
detail and detail.work files are in the proper directory, but detail.work
keeps growing and it does not look like it is offloading any data to the
DB, Almost like buffered_sql would not be reading the detail.work file
anymore.

Now, i did run the server in debug mode, and i see the detail.work file
being read.
I do see one problem with the db insertion of some accounting records. It
looks like it looks like some acct records are coming with a acctuniqueid
that is already in the db, so those fail, but my question is, will the
server keep trying to insert that record and not try any others in the
detail.work file?

My buffered_sql config is pretty standard:

server buffered-sql {
    listen {
        type = detail

        filename =  "/buffer_disk/detail"
        load_factor = 10

        poll_interval = 1

        retry_interval = 30

    }

    preacct {
        preprocess

        acct_unique
        files
    }

    accounting {
            sql_radacct
    }

The first packet in the detail.work file fails with a db error for having a
duplicated acctuniqueid.
Will the server continue processing other packets? Will that packet stay in
the file?

At this point i have a really big amount of packets in the file, and no
accounting records on my db, so i am really looking forward to fix this
issue.

Thanks for any help you could provide.
Regards