why is Called-Station-SSID not processed?

Zeus Panchenko zeus at ibs.dn.ua
Tue Aug 4 20:15:59 CEST 2015

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> On Aug 4, 2015, at 2:05 PM, Zeus Panchenko <zeus at ibs.dn.ua> wrote:
> > I hoped if I set radiusCheckItem: Called-Station-SSID := 'SSID_ALLOWED'
>
>   See the wiki for the meaning of the operators.  ":=" is an assignment operator.  It doesn't do comparisons.

yes, understood ... it has to be `=='

>   And just doing a comparison is not enough, either.  What do you want it to *do* when the comparison matches?

I want it to be part of the condition for access allowing

if Called-Station-SSID configured in LDAP matches the one processed from
Called-Station-Id, then access is to be allowed, otherwise not

>  You have to write that down, too.

what is the right place to do that?

It was working for me when I did it in v.2.x users file this way:

DEFAULT Ldap-Group == "wifi-xyz", Called-Station-SSID == "SSID_ALLOWED", User-Profile := "cn=wifi-xyz,ou=profiles,ou=RADIUS,dc=xyz"
        Reply-Message := "%{User-Name}, SSID: %{Called-Station-SSID} access was permited to you.",
        Fall-Through = no

but how to do that now via LDAP?

Zeus V. Panchenko				jid:zeus at im.ibs.dn.ua
IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC					  GMT+2 (EET)