Configuring Error with SSL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 4 21:51:29 CEST 2015

On Aug 4, 2015, at 9:15 PM, Lightfoot, Maurice P. <m.p.lightfoot at spartans.nsu.edu> wrote:
> I get this error when I call configure command:
>
> configure: error: openssl library version does not match header version

  Tell the vendor to fix their OS.

  OpenSSL has the wonderful practice of making their headers and libraries incompatible.  Instead of having the server crash at run-time due to OpenSSL garbage, we catch it (and complain) when "configure" is run.

  The only way to fix it is to fix the headers and/or libraries.  You *could* bypass the "configure" checks and build the server.  But it would likely crash at run-time.  Because of the OpenSSL issues...