Switch sends EAP-Fail after Radius Access-Accept

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Aug 6 15:29:22 CEST 2015

Hi,

> [preyask at localhost controller-ned]$ cat /etc/raddb/small.conf
> listen {
>     type = auth
>     ipaddr = *
>     port = 1812
> }
> client 10.1.2.0/24 { # allow packets from 10.1.2.0/24
>     secret = testing123
>     shortname = 10.1.2.12
> }
> modules { # We don't use any modules
> }
> authorize { # return Access-Accept for PAP and CHAP
>     update control {
>         Auth-Type := Accept
>     }
> }

yeh. that wont work....start with the default configuration and THEN start slimming it down

big hints - you are using EAP thus you ARE using modules....in fact ALL work in FreeRADIUS
uses modules.  you are doing EAP - therefore the request needs to go into a virtual server that is
called in the eap.conf configuration. default in virtual-server.

I'll repeat. stop what you are currently doing, install the default config, add your client
and THEN start work....once its working and you get to know what each module does and how the server
works, THEN reduce the configuration

alan