Freeradius + LVS

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Aug 10 12:00:59 CEST 2015

Hi,

> Is there anyone using LVS with Freeradius? In one of the previous threads
> (see below)  Alan said that we can use the status-server of freeradius in
> the MISC_CHECK. Unfortunately the link is no longer available. So If anyone
> has any information about this or tried this I would be very intersted to
> know how you did it.

thats from 2007!!!

the RFC draft is now:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-status-server-09

(thats why the old URL in that thread doesnt work...)

you can use radclient to generate a status-server packet...if you server supports
that....the important thing for LVS/loadbalancing is that the system MUST understand
the RADIUS protocol if using EAP - as the requests/responses for a single client
session (all 12 - 14 UDP packets) need to go to the same server that is currently
dealing with the request (to which the State and Proxy-State etc mean something)

alan