Windows 8 clients can not authenticate with EAP-TTLS and PAP

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Aug 11 20:59:36 CEST 2015

Hi,

> Thanks for your answer Alan.
>
> That is the issue, nothing has changed. I suppose it's possible the client has received a windows update. What I really want to know is why the Windows 8  clients are not responding to the server’s challenge.

you might be able to turn on further debugging on the Windows side... you might also want to check the Windows
system to check its settings and ensure that your RADIUS servers CA is still known to the system.

you might also want to use a standard tool such as eapol_test (part of WPA supplicant package) to verify
correct EAP-TTLS/PAP behaviour.

you say nothing has changed - I challenge that   - have you kept your config in some form of revision repository
or have a known working configuration to compare it to?  if anything has occurred on the server - like an SELinux update or
OpenSSL update then that would also affect things (look in the YUM log to see whats gone on?)

alan