EAP-sim using freeradius

Siddharth Katragadda siddharthk at google.com
Wed Aug 12 21:25:34 CEST 2015

Hi Alan,

For the format, I did try this:

format = "*IMSI:RAND:SRES:KC"

I assumed for EAP-SIM, the IMSI is the key attribute and the triplet of
RAND:SRES:KC will be the password??

I get the following error:
rlm_passwd: unable to resolve attribute IMSI

I tried to lookup the corr. attribute names for IMSI, Rand, Sres, KC  on
the Freeradius Attribute RFC but couldn't find them:
http://freeradius.org/rfc/attributes.html

Can you please help me define the "format" for EAP-SIM passwd file

Thanks
Sid