Will 3.0.x have a "final"?

David Aldwinckle daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 13 16:02:35 CEST 2015

Ah, yea. I guess that was a foolish question. Thanks for entertaining it, anyway.

Dave

On Thu, 2015-08-13 at 09:40 -0400, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> On Aug 13, 2015, at 9:31 AM, David Aldwinckle <daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca>> wrote:
>
> Hi Alan,
>
> Further to your message about versions: will 3.0.x eventually have a "final" release?

Yes, just as 2.2.x will have a final release very soon, and just as v1.x.x had its final release back in 2008.  After the 'final' release the branch is no longer maintained however, so it's not very useful to be developing new services with it.

The branches don't get maintained forever, FreeRADIUS != Windows.

> I see that 3.0.10 is the most recent in the repo.

That's the next release.  The various packaging files and the changelog are updated immediately after every release, to reflect the next version.

-Arran
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html