freeradius dialupadmin development invitation

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Aug 21 19:13:18 CEST 2015

> On Aug 21, 2015, at 1:02 PM, Florian Klaus <flo_klaus at yahoo.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Userlist,
> while I appreciate the enthusiasm, I think the basics like writing stuff from WebFrontEnd to AnySQL Database (don't know how LDAP works)

Better than SQL for the first two As.

Which hasn't received serious updates in years: https://www.openhub.net/p/daloradius.

> and stuff like that.
> Also,I do not know how much this would be appreciated, since you will have to provide a webserver, which you will have to shutdown to general public access b/c normaly any admin would want to be the only one who has access to the DB.

As you would with other management tools?

> And those people usually have a GUI for DB Access, which is more or less like a web interface.
> If you are starting this, I think a plugin for TYPO3 , Joomla or other CMS would be more appreciated.

A CMS, really?

> I want to start an invitation for raising a fund for
> developing it so
> that it can still work up to php 5.6, and also redesign its
> GUI to have
> a modern outlook.

Or you could just do the work?

> I think a few hundred US$ will do.  If any body is
> interested, we can
> share the expense.  10 participants are cheap enough to
> complete this
> project.

Or one person with a clue...

It's not getting bundled back in with the server, but if someone wants to update it to work with modern PHP i'm all for that.

The changes aren't significant to get it functional again.

-Arran