MySQL Connect Timeout?

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Aug 24 17:03:37 CEST 2015

> On Aug 24, 2015, at 10:55 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 24, 2015, at 10:48 AM, Susan Barnes <barnes at rrz.uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi List,
>>

>> Is there a way to set a connect timeout for a MySQL-Server? At the moment it seems to be a bit longer then 60 seconds, but I cannot find where this is set (Using freeradius 3.0.9).
>
> In v3.0.x it's query_timeout, it sets the connection timeout too.
>
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/rlm_sql_mysql.c#L204

The slightly hacky solution in v3.0.x has been fixed in v3.1.x with the unification of connection timeouts.  The connect_timeout config item of the pool section now sets the connection_timeout in every module that supports it.

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.1.x/src/main/connection.c#L162
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.1.x/src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/rlm_sql_mysql.c#L204

-Arran