MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect with Freeradius 2.1.12

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 13:25:32 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I'm looking for some help regarding my Freeradius 2.1.12 config.
It is running on a Debian Wheezy machine.

I need to authenticate my users with EAP-MSCHAPv2 method based upon
information stored on a LDAP.
Freeradius is bind to LDAP using a service account a retrieving NT and
LM-Password hashes (smbldap-tools generated previously).
I'm not using the LDAP AuthType and my users file is empty.

You'll find attached my launch log and request process log.

During any authentication process, Freeradius is throwing the line
"Info : [mschap] FAILED : MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect" without any
more detail (line 622).
It seems this line appears when NT or LM-Password are missing in the
LDAP, but here Freeradius find them successfully earlier.
I don't understand this message.

Would you have any hint to fix this problem and make Freeradius
authenticate my users ?
Feel free to give any piece of advice regarding my config.

All the best

François

--
François Lacombe