3.1 and LDAP

Tynan Young tynany at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 05:37:48 CET 2015

>> It really just seems like the LDAP server isn't responding quickly enough.
>
> Okay, I'll start doing some debugging on the active directory LDAP
> side of things.

So after doing more packet captures I discovered that freeradius was
querying an active directory server that has been decommissioned. Not
sure why it was querying this server as it was not referenced anywhere
in the freeradius config, but after looking into active directory DNS
I found this decommissioned server still existed under domaindnszones
and forestdnszones. Since removing the decommissioned server DNS
entries everything appears to be golden.

Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers!