Cleartext password does not match "known good" password

Gang Li gavin.lee.cd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 16:36:29 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm now running freeradius 3.0.10 + Mariadb on archLinux 4.1.

It keeps telling me my password does not match the "known good"password.
=================debug info===============
rlm_sql (sql): Released connection (1)
(0)     [sql] = ok
(0)     [expiration] = noop
(0)     [logintime] = noop
(0)     [pap] = updated
(0)   } # authorize = updated
(0) Found Auth-Type = PAP
(0) # Executing group from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
(0)   Auth-Type PAP {
(0) pap: Login attempt with password
(0) pap: Comparing with "known good" Cleartext-Password
(0) pap: ERROR: Cleartext password does not match "known good" password
(0) pap: Passwords don't match
(0)     [pap] = reject
(0)   } # Auth-Type PAP = reject
(0) Failed to authenticate the user

I checked the database, in the radcheck table, I have one record:
admin   Cleartext-Password := 111111

In the radpostauth table, there's a Reject record, showing the
username/password is exactly what I input:
admin    111111 Access-Reject 2015-12-07 23:01:52

Since the two passwords are same, I just don't get why it reject me?
What else should I do ?

Thank you in advance.

Gavin