Reverse string concatenation for multiple attributes

Franks Andy (IT Technical Architecture Manager) Andy.Franks at sath.nhs.uk
Thu Dec 10 18:42:08 CET 2015

Hi all,
  I'm trying to do something a bit fiddly. I'm sure I've asked this before but google doesn't help.
Can we pass back multiple attributes from a sql xlat yet on 3.1.0?
If not, is there a reverse of %{Attribute-Name[*]} that could translate my value1\nvalue2 from an SQL stored procedure into attribute[1]=value1, attribute[2]=value2 etc?
If not, has anyone come up with a clean way to iterate through and do the equivalent via += a number of times?
It seems I can use explode to get the number of delimiters (maybe I'm using it wrongly).

Maybe I'm missing something REALLY simple. Wouldn't be the first time. :-~

Thanks
Andy