LDAP authorize for both EAP-TLS and EAP-PEAP

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Dec 17 19:28:57 CET 2015

Hi,

> In my site config, I do:
> 	eap {
> 		ok = return
> 	}
> 	-ldap
>
> This works great for PEAP, as the eap module returns and ok, then
> the LDAP lookup is performed in the inner tunnel, once only.
>
> However when a certificate based client associates with EAP-PEAP,
> the eap module returns 'updated' and the ldap check is performed for
> each packet. I have updated the ldap line to be:

how are you doing policies on EAP-TLS clients?  some people use ldap for
looking up memberships/groups etc - hence the fall-through is fine
for default.... but not for your use case.

if you dont want ldap to be processed...and the module returns 'updated'
then maybe

       eap {
               ok = return
	       updated = return
       }
       -ldap

(dont forget, EAP-TLS wont go into inner-tunnel)

alan