Make sense of SQL Huntgroup HOWTO?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Dec 18 17:04:32 CET 2015

On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:51 AM, Joel Bergmark <joel.bergmark at t3.se> wrote:

> Thanks for the input, I see that the issue is that I'm not a coder and didn't realise the function fully.

  If you're not a programmer, you will have a *very* bad time creating custom rules in FreeRADIUS.

  Custom rules *are* programming.  You will need to understand if / then / else statements, comparisons, strings, integers, etc.

> But I don’t see how to deny login: if the user is not a member of the Houtgroup-Name then reject?

  See "man unlang'.  It's a simple check for *not* equal

	if (Huntgroup-Name != "foo") {
		# do stuff
	}

> I think the answer to this question should go up on the wiki,

  Then please edit the wiki.  There's a REASON it's publicly accessible.

  One reason why the wiki isn't better is the reams of people who have problems.. find solutions... and never put them on the Wiki.

> I emailed with several people that previously asked about this, but never got it working and gave up on freeradius.

  If they couldn't get it to work, there's no point in asking them questions.

  Questions belong on this mailing list.

  The documentation is pretty much correct, and clear.  Following it *will work*.  When people can't get it to work, it's usually because they're not following the documentation, or they're trying to do something different... without really understanding what they're doing.