Problem with handshake

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Dec 22 16:46:16 CET 2015

On Dec 22, 2015, at 10:41 AM, Mario Guerri Maglia <mario.guerri at seciu.edu.uy> wrote:
> sadly the hints you gave me didn't work.

  Did you follow the instructions?

  If so, *which step* failed?  Simply saying "it didn't work" is unhelpful.

> First of all I must say I'm a new user of FreeRadius, so I'll try to give a detailed explanation of my problem.

  That's good.  But I pointed you to detailed documentation which says how to get this to work.  Did you follow it?

> In the begining the radius was functioning ok, the authentication was ok, it consulted the LDAP and if the user was right, the user could connect to the Wi-Fi. We had few defined users and for many weeks nobody connected to it.
>
> After that we tried to connect again and this error message appeared:

  Which you already said.  There's no need to post it again.

> Previously to write to the list I found in the Internet the problem was related to the size of the certification and the solution was to generate cerfication of 2048 size. Because ours were of 1024. I changed it the size to 2048 and after that I did these:

  The directory raddb/certs contains configuration files and scripts which create new certificates.  Did you use them?

  Apparently not.

> But it didn't function, the message is the same.

  Running server-side OpenSSL scripts doesn't change the client configuration.

> I did what you told me to do, I passed cacert.pem, radius.key and radius.seciu.edu.uy.crt to the client. But I got the same error message.
> I don't realize what am I doing wrong...

  You need to follow the instructions *exactly*.  And if something goes wrong, say *which* step is going wrong.