CHAP Issues

Iliya Peregoudov iperegudov at cboss.ru
Mon Feb 9 16:21:33 CET 2015

On 09.02.2015 17:21, Dan Goscomb wrote:

> This what I feared... has anyone seen particular issues with Cisco 7200 NAS and/or Zyxel  DSL CPE?

You should be able to debug the issue down. Turn on RADIUS debug and PPP
CHAP debug on Cisco 7200. CHAP Challenge sent from Cisco 7200 to CPE
should later be sent in RADIUS packet from Cisco 7200 to RADIUS server
(in message header Authenticator field). CHAP Response sent from CPE to
Cisco 7200  should later be sent in RADIUS packet from Cisco 7200 to
RADIUS server (in CHAP-Password attribute). If RADIUS packet contains
something different then Cisco 7200 is broken. Otherwise the CPE is broken.