No such home_server or home_server_pool

Scott Reeve vze6mrju at verizon.net
Wed Feb 11 17:47:48 CET 2015

Keep getting this error:

Wed Feb 11 11:32:21 2015 : Error: /etc/freeradius/clients.conf[210]: No such home_server or home_server_pool "my-coa"

I've tried my best to read through it all.

1) Here's my section in clients.conf:

client 15.234.166.129 {
secret = abc
shortname = abc
nastype = other
coa_server = my-coa
}

2) Here's my section in sites-available/originate-coa:

home_server my-coa {
type = coa
ipaddr = 15.234.166.129
port = 3799
secret = testing1234
coa {
irt = 2
mrt = 16
mrc = 5
mrd = 30
home_server_pool coa {
type = fail-over
home_server = my-coa
}

3) I could not understand the directions here:

# CoA packets can be originated when a normal Access-Request or
# Accounting-Request packet is received. Simply update the
# "coa" list:
#
update coa {
User-Name = "%{User-Name}"
Acct-Session-Id = "%{Acct-Session-Id}"
NAS-IP-Address = "%{NAS-IP-Address}"
}
#
# And the CoA packet will be sent. You can also send Disconnect
# packets by using "update disconnect { ...".
#
# This "update coa" entry can be placed in any section (authorize,
# preacct, etc.), EXCEPT for pre-proxy and post-proxy. The CoA

Was I supposed to uncomment that "update coa" section?
Copy and paste it somewhere else? I couldn't figure out what is meant by "can be placed in any other section"
authorize/preacct, etc.

It seems like it's not even looking at sites-available/originate-coa ?

Thank you,
Scott Reeve