Problem - Duplicating IPs

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 16 14:44:22 CET 2015

On Feb 16, 2015, at 7:37 AM, Marcelo Santoro <santoro.ice at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am facing a problem here in my ISP.
>
> I have radippool configured in my freeradius 3.0.6 server and some times my customers are receiving Duplicated IP address,

  Fix your NAS so that it sends the correct accounting packets.

  FreeRADIUS *assumes* that the accounting information in SQL is correct.  If the NAS doesn’t behave properly, the data in SQL will be wrong.  And the server will assign duplicate IPs.

  Until you get a real NAS (or fix your current one), the best solution would be to write a script to read IPs from SQL, and then scan those in the network.  If there’s a response, update SQL to mark the IPs as still in use.