Problem - Duplicating IPs

Rui Ribeiro ruyrybeyro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 05:42:44 CET 2015

Hi Alan,

Forgive my ignorance, but are you implying DHCP is keeping up with
accounting data?

 I tried to write a script to identify users via a web page to give some
accounting stats and quickly reached the conclusion it was not real time
(i.e. if done immediately upon login it would often show the previous
user). When in Meru training they also confirmed me the delay when
receiving accounting data could be up to 3 minutes for their equipment, if
I am not wrong, giving the delay from the top of my head.

So the idea I have is whilst accounting is very useful, it is not exactly
real-time, correct?

Regards

--
Regards,