Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 118, Issue 30

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Feb 17 19:39:45 CET 2015

>>> Is there anything I can do to help get this issue fixed?
>>
>> From previous notes/rants, you need to define -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to match
>> the C standard used.
>
> Thank, I will look into this. For now I used Alan's suggestion, which seemed to help.

You may run into other issues *ominousness*.

Without _XOPEN_SOURCE, solaris doesn't always expose a POSIX compliant API or work
in a POSIX compliant way.

I'd try and find the right _XOPEN_SOURCE value that allows the server to build and use
that. You'll find the server probably builds with more optional things

>>> Some other problems I ran into but managed to circumvent:
>>> -       I have to use gmake, make gives an error on Make.inc, line 33:
>> Unexpected end of line seen
>>>     Same issue as http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-
>> users/2014-June/072411.html
>>> -       I tried using solaris studio's cc, here I get stuck on "checking for
>> talloc.h", even though I include -- with-talloc-include-dir with configure, cc
>> does not know the -isystem it seems
>>
>> Ok. Well, you're welcome to write a patch to check for -isystem to
>> enable/disable it. Or use gcc/clang.
>
> Just thought I would mentioned it (also helpful for other people trying to compile on solaris in the future),
> I myself have not the knowledge to write good patches, but I am perfectly happy using this workaround, or using gcc.

There's no huge difference between -isystem and -I, -isystem just disables warnings
generated by system headers.

The problem is, it's peppered throughout a bunch of the configure scripts now so it's
annoying to check/fix.

Solaris' compiler is the only mainstream compiler that doesn't support it. Even Intel's
does.

>>>     If I try to compile the snippet itself I get a warning that the last return
>> was not reached.
>>>     Is my compiler broken, of what could be the issue here?
>>
>> Hm. Fixed that. It's being extra picky.
>
> Thanks!
>
>>>     With GCC I do not have this issue, but I end up in the problem that gcc
>> does not know the -KPIC option,
>>>     If I adjust the source to -fPIC, I end up in the same situation above with
>> the udpfromto error.
>>

>> Solaris is a complete pain to build on. I managed to do with with the ldap
>> module disabled.
>>
>> -Arran
>
> It seems with some effort, I managed to build 3.0.6 with rlm_ldap.

> I do compile my own ldap libraries, I do not use the built-in solaris headers/libs.

That'd be why. I was trying to get it to build against the built-in ones. There's
RFC 1823 which defines a common API for all libldap implementations. Unfortunately
rlm_ldap uses some OpenLDAP specific functions.

Due to some recent interactions with the OpenLDAP guys i'm actually quite keen to get
rlm_ldap building against other LDAP libraries.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team