Why an access-request is sent before password entered?

Wang, Yu ywang10 at fsu.edu
Tue Feb 24 15:34:14 CET 2015

Maybe this RFC could help?

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4256.txt

Yu Wang
____________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Freeradius-Users [mailto:freeradius-users-bounces+ywang10=fsu.edu at lists.freeradius.org] On Behalf Of David Li
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 3:15 PM
To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org
Subject: Why an access-request is sent before password entered?

Hi,

I am trying to narrow down a problem. Not sure if this is the right forum but it's a good starting point.

The problem is that I see access-request sent to the FreeRadius server before the password is even entered in a SSH session. For example,

ssh user at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ### Problem: Press Enter here and access-request is sent.

Although once the password is entered, second request is sent and Radius server has no problem authenticating it.

I don't have a idea right now where to start to look at this time. Is it in sshd or pam-radius? Is it a configuration issue?

My set up is very standard on a Redhat 5.4 box with sshd and pam and pam-radius-auth module.

Thanks.

David
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html