What exactly does it mean Socket Destructor failed

Robert Graham robert_graham at uhaul.com
Fri Jan 2 16:01:03 CET 2015

I have the proper access to log into the SQL server and I can remotely log
into it through tsql and with the MS SQL linux instructions, and perform
queries, but I cannot get freeradius for the life of me able to
connect....it keeps erroring out with socket destructor called.

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_unixodbc (module rlm_sql_unixodbc) loaded
and linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to database "gensql"
rlm_sql (sql): Initialising connection pool
   pool {
   	start = 15
   	min = 10
   	max = 32
   	spare = 3
   	uses = 0
   	lifetime = 0
   	cleanup_interval = 30
   	idle_timeout = 60
   	retry_delay = 1
   	spread = no
   }
rlm_sql (sql): Opening additional connection (0)
rlm_sql_unixodbc: Connection failed
rlm_sql_unixodbc: Socket destructor called, closing socket
rlm_sql (sql): Opening connection failed (0)
rlm_sql (sql): Removing connection pool
/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/sql[20]: Instantiation failed for module "sql"
[root at localhost raddb]#

Robert Graham
Network Engineer
U-Haul International