Publishing an EAP-TLS WPA2 Enterprise Setup Guide on the Wiki

Jasvinder S. Bahra bbdl21548 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 11:30:37 CET 2015

Everyone,

It looks like I posted too soon.

My guide describes how to configure windows and android clients to connect
to a WPA2 Enterprise wifi network.

I had done some research into getting apple devices onto it, and I believed
I had all the information necessary to get ipad's, iphone's and ipod's etc
onto the network.  However, when I sat down to actually do so, I hit
something of a brick wall.

I believed all I needed to do was download a PC application from the apple
website called the iPhone Configuration Utility (or iPCU), and use it to
create a profile which configured the relevant devices wifi connection
settings.

It seems however, that the software has been deprecated - it hasn't been
updated in years.  I can find no reference to it on the apple website.  It
seems to have been replaced by an application named Configurator - which is
only available for mac's.

Does anyone know of a way to configure ipad's, iphone's and ipod's wifi
settings, without tools such as iPCU or Configurator?

Regards,

Jazz