Question about EAP and creating/installing certificates from a MS 2008 CA server from Active Directory

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 6 21:44:43 CET 2015

On Jan 6, 2015, at 2:36 PM, Tim Reimers <treimers at ashevillenc.gov> wrote:
> I’m looking for any tips from someone who has configured Freeradius 3.01 to use certificates created by a Microsoft 2008R2 CA server.

  Configuring FreeRADIUS to use the certificates is easy.  Creating the *correct* certificates may be harder.

> I’m trying to follow the guidelines here from way back in 2006, and getting some of the same issues someone else posted about,
> where the certificate template isn’t specified and causes the CA server to barf at importing the request.
> http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2006-October/013613.html

    That message doesn’t contain anything about certificate templates that I can see.  Could you be more specific?

> Is there anyone who has documented their steps on setting up certificates from Centos/Freeradius to a Windows 2008 CA  ?

  You should be able to create the certificate signing request on the FreeRADIUS machine, and then have the CA server sign them.