3.0.6 strange bug causing infinite loop on "Ready to process requests" message

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 09:31:28 CET 2015

Hi,

>    client, radiusd emits a second "Ready to process requests" line and
>    continues to repeat it over and over at will and without delay, until the
>    log filesystem is full. Stopping it requires a kill -9. This seems to
>    happen only when a request is received. The server does not send a
>    response.

umm....ahh...  well, the server DID do something similar to this for a short while
back in 3.0.4 days actually.... but that bug got fixed (we noticed it in moonshot work)
and it wasnt this message...it was the 'waking up in 5 seconds' or such message.

question:

does it do this with the default config?   (ie copy our your config to a safe/known place
and install with basic plain config)

alan