Freeradius + Cisco WLC + Authorisation

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 09:34:00 CET 2015

Hi,

> What settings to I need to include in /etc/raddb/users to allow the
> correct Authorisation level?

the cisco documentation is pretty good for this , both wireless controller
(though they. obviously, focus on ACS and ISE examples) and their RADIUS
tech page:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/secure-access-control-system/115926-tacacs-radius-devices-00.html#wlc

main answer - service-type Administrative

we looked at using RADIUS but found that cisco still have more bias towards TACACS+
so we use that for multi-grained access control to the WCS system (different tasks
available for different people on the web interface...not just a 'all admin' switch)

alan