Not able to receive inner identity in Access-Accept (Problem revisited)

Iliya Peregoudov iperegudov at cboss.ru
Thu Jan 15 14:53:09 CET 2015

Hello Lai Fu Keung

The recipe is simple:

1. Set "use_tunnneled_reply=yes" in raddb/modules/eap, peap section

2. Make inner Access-Accept contain User-Name. For example

# sites-available/inner-tunnel
postauth {
    update reply {
       User-Name := "%{request:User-Name}"

rlm_eap_peap saves inner reply attributes when use_tunneled_reply=yes.
rlm_eap_peap clears reply list and copy over saved reply attributes when
it constructs outer Access-Accept. So User-Name added to inner reply
will be copied into outer reply.