using external script in virtual server config

the2nd at otpme.org the2nd at otpme.org
Fri Jan 16 16:28:58 CET 2015

Hi list,

currently i'm using freeradius-2.2.5 with an external authentication
script for clear-text and ntlm requests.

the setup is described here:
https://www.otpme.org/redmine/projects/otpme/wiki/Freeradius_Example_Configuration

i have two questions regarding this setup.

1. for clear-text requests i always get "Auth: Invalid user:
[heiko.baumann" on authentication failure. for ntlm request an "Auth:
Login incorrect" is logged.
     i was using the script (exec) module before which logged "Auth:
Login incorrect" on failure but i liked the idea of having the complete
config in the virtual host file.
     i also tried to call my script from the authenticate section of my
vhost but this was not working.

2. is it possible to call the script for ntlm/mschap authentication from
the vhost config? currently its called from the mschap module.

both are just cosmetic issues but it would be great to have everything
in on file. :)

also it would be great if someone with good freeradius skills could have
a look at the example config because i'm not sure if its the best way to
do external authentication with freeradius.

regards
the2nd