Configure SQL to timeout requests rather than rejecting if no connections available

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 21 19:06:41 CET 2015

On Jan 21, 2015, at 12:58 PM, Noah Engelberth <nengelberth at team-meta.net> wrote:
> After a few days of operating this and recreating my "crushing load" situation with the log files open, it looks like when the virtual server does not respond, the "master" server is still kicking a reject -- the log entry is:
>
> Auth: Login incorrect (Home Server failed to respond): *snipped client info*
>
> So, do I need to do the same syntax for the "suffix" module in my master virtual server?

  No.  The “suffix” module just marks the request as “it should be proxied”.  The suffix module doesn’t actually do the proxying.

  The issue is that you don’t want to respond to the *client*.  You *do* want the virtual server to respond to the proxy.

  As always, run the server in debugging mode to see what’s going on.  It will quickly become clear what’s going on.  And, *where* you need to make changes.

  In your existing configuration, you can probably just change the proxying, to add:

post-proxy {
	…
	Post-Proxy-Type Fail {
		do_not_respond

  And the proxy won’t respond to the client.  But I’d have to see the full debug log to be sure.