Unsupported Vendor Specific Attribute results in incorrect behavior of rc_avpair_gen()

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 27 04:32:10 CET 2015

On Jan 26, 2015, at 10:24 PM, Amol Lad <Amol.Lad at 4rf.com> wrote:
> I've changed "Vendor-Specific = 4RF" but still same problem. Please note that, radius server shows vendor-specific=0x345246 (running with -X)

  Yes… 0x344246 is ASCII for “4RF”.

  I think you’re not clear on what “Vendor-Specific” is.  You NEVER specify a value for it directly.  Instead, you specify a VSA via the name of the VSA.  e.g. Cisco-AVPair.  The code will figure out it’s a VSA, and do the correct encoding.

  Do NOT put ASCII values into a Vendor-Specific.  It’s *always* wrong.