Dictionaries

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 28 16:37:05 CET 2015

  Please don’t respond to digest messages.  It’s impolite.  Start your own thread by sending a new message to the list.

On Jan 28, 2015, at 9:57 AM, KAVYA PRABHAKAR <kavyamelinmaneprabhakar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to add one of the VSA with user access level as 15.
> I edited dictionary file(/usr/local.etc/raddb) giving Attribute information
> as

  Which just defines the attribute name.  It doesn’t tell FreeRADIUS to send the attribute to the client.

> After doin above changes restarted FR services. In the response from FR
> server, I am not seeing this attribute value being set.

  Exactly.

> Kindly help me, to understand what I am doing wrong.

  Put the attribute into a configuration file.  In v3, see raddb/mods-config/files/authorize

  There are *hundreds* of examples of this, and lots of documentation.