freeradius will not start when SELINUX is enabled

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 19:35:06 CET 2015

SELINUX can cause many things to fail

You've seen that is selinux doing this.... and you are reading in files from non standard Latins l locations so now you need to find out why

User the audit2why tool etc and also look at the file permissions correctly (ls -lZ .... ie look at the extended permissions)

Heck maybe even just a restorecon -Rv on that home directory would be enough.  Especially if the files have been copied from elsewhere

This issue is true for ALL packages on such systems not from the distributing repository

alan