"[eap] = reject" after "Calling eap_md5 to process EAP data"

Zeus Panchenko zeus at ibs.dn.ua
Thu Jul 9 00:25:33 CEST 2015

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> > emm ... as I figured out, the problem is in password format though
> > ... it has to be the same as User-Name attribute value passed by NAS to
> > FR ...
>
>   The password isn't the User-Name.

what am I missing then, please? in my case Access-Accept succeeded only
when I changed the password to the value of User-Name attribute ...

isn't "MAC auth" mean login=password=MAC ?

> > so, now I wonder, can I somehow rewrite User-Name value to use
> > normalized MAC?
>
>   Don't do that.

why? if not, then what is the way to achieve the desired? to store
login/password as FR normalized MAC address and eap_md5 understand that
(while User-Name differs)?

>   In v3, see raddb/policy.d/canonicalization It has policies to
>   normalize MAC addresses in Calling-Station-Id.  The same policies
>   can be applied to other attributes, too.

does it mean I can transform original User-Name value like a1b2c3d4e5f6
to A1-B2-C3-D4-E5-F6 ?

Zeus V. Panchenko				jid:zeus at im.ibs.dn.ua
IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC					  GMT+2 (EET)