Free Radius Proxy implementation Assumptions

srithar jeevadurai srijeevadurai1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 09:25:42 CEST 2015

Dear Friends,

We would like to know following detail for freeRadius proxy implementation.

*Arch of Proxy implementation :*

on Host1:

1 Proxy server will be running and takes request from NAS server.

Behind the proxy server, we are planning to have pool of home servers (4)
on same host (i.e. Host1).

*Our Assumptions:*

1) Proxy server will not store any request that is coming from NAS server
(i.e. storing request in processing queue).

2) Proxy server will do asynchronous request-response processing.

3) Multiple home servers (Radius stack) can be running on same host (by
changing server port for each home server).

4) The synchronous request-response processing will happen only at home
server level.

Kindly request you to let us know whether our above assumptions are correct.

*Proxy implementation approach: *

   - Load-balancing. Requests are split evenly among all home servers in
   the pool.

Do we have any document to implement above proxy-home server set up ?

--
Regards,
Srithar Durairaj
Alternate Mail I.D: srijeevadurai1 at yahoo.co.in