Free Radius Proxy implementation Assumptions

srithar jeevadurai srijeevadurai1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 10:59:48 CEST 2015

Hi Buxey,

We need to run multiple for load balancing on same server.

There is a restriction that when proxy server routs a account start for a
session to a home server (in load balancing),

Does it forward all subsequent accounting request for the session to same
home server (in a pool of home servers)?

Because Home server (customized module of our application) maintains
session detail and rejects any request if the session is not opened with
the home server.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 1:24 PM, <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Behind the proxy server, we are planning to have pool of home servers (4)
> > on same host (i.e. Host1).
>
> why one host?  just have one server.
>
> > 3) Multiple home servers (Radius stack) can be running on same host (by
> > changing server port for each home server).
>
> why?  just have one.
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See