Copy-acct-to-home-server Issue

Ricardo LarraƱaga ricardo.larranaga at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 15:22:10 CEST 2015

Hi Again Alan:

I think something got confused along the way.

While i do have a problem of my acct unique id  being different depending
on if the acct start comes with nas port of not, this behaviour is the same
in all servers, and it is really not causing any issues other than the fact
that i cannot really disconnect the user by sending and accounting packet.
The solution for this is just changing the definition of acct-unique-id in
all servers.

The second problem that i have, which is unrelated with the above is the
fact that even though i copy all accounting packets to the other two
servers, they are mostlyin sync with server1, but not exactly.

We were talking about this possibly being caused by either udp packets
being lost or being sent/arriving out of order.

Now, this is the part that i am trying to fix. Since there is little i can
do about packets being reordered. and i do not see lost packets in my
network, i was wondering if there is something else i can do to resolve
this. The only thing that i can think of is trying to proxy over TCP, but i
am definetely open not any suggestions.

Thanks!.

Regards