FreeRADIUS & security

Michael Lecuyer mjl at iterpacis.org
Mon Jul 20 18:44:40 CEST 2015

On 7/20/2015 4:12 AM, Paul Gunman wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>    I would like to know whether FreeRADIUS user SNMPv3 and allow IP
>    filtering for access through SSH.
>    Moreover, is there anything related to PCI compliance?
>
>    Thanks,
>
>    P.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

They had a strange type of SNMP but have since dropped support for all
of SNMP. They still offer ways to access the same information but not
via the SNMP protocol. The SNMP was last in Version 2 and was broken.
Version 3 is the current version.

PCI compliance - Not to Microsoft servers (no NTLMv2 support until Samba
supports it). FR does handle SHA2 digests which is also required for
PCI. In general yes it does though you might have to work a bit on it.

IP filtering for SSH - Yes.