udp sockets and proxy servers

Sergey Komarov sergey.komaroff at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:15:13 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm tring to run 3.0.9 configuration with about ~1500 clients and home
servers (as I have about 1500 WLCs in the network and I try to proxy CoA
packet to WLCs via radius).

Radius server tries to open as many sockets as possible doing like that:

 Info:  ... adding new socket proxy address * port 46527
 Info:  ... adding new socket proxy address * port 38003

It happens slowly or fast and it depends of load as I see it... And then
after about 256 sockets server quits from running with error:

"Error: Failed adding event handler for socket: Too many readers ".

Server stops after that. I checked under CentOS 6 and under FreeBSD. Its
same effect and OS doesn't matter.

Does this means I need number of sockets equal to number of home servers
and it is impossible to run FR with more than 256 home servers now or I
missed something and FR able to reuse/limit udp sockets somehow?

In case someone could show me correct idea and how to solve my problem I
will be glad to follow. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best Regards, Serge Komaroff