RLM_Rest and Dynamic Clients

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Jul 20 20:40:59 CEST 2015

> On Jul 20, 2015, at 9:54 AM, Nick Cappelletti <nick at switchtower.com> wrote:
>
> Aaron,
>
> Just getting your attention,

Helps if you use my name :)

My island has beer and whiskey, way better.

> so I apologize for using your email directly.  Curious if you could provide me any links, examples, or documentation on using a ‘map’ for variable in the dynamic-clients section of FreeRADIUS?

Nope. Not written yet, and it'll be in v3.1.x.  It's slated for development very soon.

>  The plan is to use the REST module, but use a single API call that returns the needed JSON and then assign all the required variables, for FreeRADIUS, from said JSON.

In the interim, just format your responses correctly and you can achieve the same effect.

http://doc.freeradius.org/rest_8c.html#af244341316c3780799377980000104e9

-Arran

"I don't often write documentation, but when I do, I hide it in function doxygen headers so the users will never find it"