Migrating from Mikrotik NAS to FreeBSD

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk
Tue Jul 21 17:23:34 CEST 2015

> I have in my freeradius database mikrotik attributes like
> Mikrotik-Rate-Limit. But MPD uses mpd-limit attribute. So my question is,
> what is the best way to replace Mikrotik-Rate-Limit with mpd-limit in a
> radius request? When an user connect via pppoe+mpd it will look for
> mpd-limit attribute on freeradius database, that doesn't exist, but it have
> to get the info from Mikrotik-Rate-Limit values, and send it back to
> pppoe+mpd with the right values got from Mikrotik-Rate-Limit Attribute.

Can you send both sets of attributes in each response?

Or, alternatively, do you know which clients on the FR side are Microtik devices and which ones are MPD? If you do, you could use the above and then use unlang to remove the inappropriate attributes from the response before you send it back.

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator

t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
skype: stefan.paetow.janet
Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Oxford, Didcot, OX11 0SG

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc Collections and Janet Ltd. is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. number 2881024, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is: Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0SG. T 01235 822200.