Error in passwordparsing

Herwin Weststrate herwin at quarantainenet.nl
Fri Jul 24 11:25:37 CEST 2015

On 24-07-15 10:39, Stabla, Daniel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> don't know if it's a bug or a change (doesn't found anything in the
> release notes), but if
> you use commas for the password in e.g. clients.conf, then the password
> itself gets malformed.

I assume you mean a shared secret here, not a password. The problem here
is the config parser, that threats a comma as a split character. If I
change the default from "testing123" to "testing123,45", I get the
following message:

Warning: etc/raddb/clients.conf[100]: The item '45' is defined, but is
unused by the configuration

And the shared secret "testing123" works just fine.

Adding some quotes around the shared secret solves the problem, so IMHO
it's not a bug.

--
Herwin Weststrate