Handling multiple customers with one radius instance

Manfred Wolf Manfred.Wolf at cosmokey.com
Fri Jul 24 19:29:37 CEST 2015

Hello Alan DeKok,

thanks for your answers.
>> We're currently using the default sql user database, but this one
>> doesn't seem
>> to support this directly. On the other hand, we want
>> radiusclient1.customer1 and
>> radiusclient2.customer1 to be handled identically.
>> Is there a special module that could help us achieving this or what
>> would be the
>> best way to solve this kind of problem?
>   The best way to solve custom requirements is custom configurations.
So this will mostly be configuring the radiusd.conf?
>> We have searched around and come across a few possible ways tho we are
>> not sure
>> if they are good or would work at all. Anyway, those are:
>> 1. Somehow check for the client IP using sql queries. Tho this way it
>> might be
>> hard if not impossible to that vpnserver1.customer1 and
>> vpnserver2.customer2
>> both belong to customer1
>   I don't think that example makes sense.
sorry, had a typo in there, it should be vpnserver2.customer1 not
customer2. So we have many NASes and each NAS can have the same customers.
>   If you have a NAS belonging to only one customer, then you can group the NASes, and key off of the customer group.  See the rlm_passwd module for examples of creating custom groups.
If we like to create custom groups like in the rlm_passwd, do we have to
write our own rlm c module? If so, may you point me to the documentation
of how to write those modules?
>  Then, just select from the DB by username and customer identifier.
This will be done in the sql module then, right?

Manfred Wolf

--
CosmoKey GmbH & Co. KG,
Amtsgericht Bielefeld HRA 16201,

Walther-Rathenau-Str. 39
33602 Bielefeld
Germany

Telefon: 0151-43144121
Telefax: 0521-69983
Email: info at cosmokey.de

CosmoKey GmbH & Co. KG USt-ID: DE296278210
CosmoKey GmbH USt-ID:          DE296278201