3.0.9: eap: Failed continuing EAP MD5 (4) session. EAP sub-module failed

Josh Miller jmills5901 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 00:13:30 CEST 2015

And are you absolutely sure there is no configuration difference between
the two servers?

>From the log you posted, it appears the 3.0.9 server is attempting an
EAP-MD5 instead of MSCHAPv2 where they are likely configured in their
supplicant.

3.0.9
Sat Jul 25 12:47:51 2015 : Debug: (1088) eap: Calling submodule eap_md5 to
process data

vs

3.0.8
Sat Jul 25 12:52:12 2015 : Debug: (2534) eap: Calling eap_mschapv2 to
process EAP data

I would double-check all the configs, it appears that there is a difference
between the 2 boxes.