3.0.9: eap: Failed continuing EAP MD5 (4) session. EAP sub-module failed

Mohamed Lrhazi Mohamed.Lrhazi at georgetown.edu
Sun Jul 26 13:44:32 CEST 2015

I am now pretty confident my 3.0.9 config is the same as 3.0.8.. but the
issue is still happening. A user is accepted on 3.0.8, but rejected on
3.0.9 with the error:

eap: Failed continuing EAP MD5 (4) session. EAP sub-module failed

To make it harder to debug, not all users are failing to authenticate on
3.0.9... just some! I assume the issue is with the config and the
supplicants... but how can I track this down?

Thanks,
Mohamed.