Proxy CoA

Cassiano Peixoto peixotocassiano at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 20:15:32 CEST 2015

Hi,

I've been running a freeradius proxy with mpd in the same machine. My mpd
is configured to use my localhost freeradius proxy/

And i have a central freeradius server where my freeradius proxy is
consulting the users. Everything is working fine.

So my env is:

Server1:                                      Server2
mpd              ----------->>>          freeradius server
freeradius proxy

I have a doubt how i could do if something has changed on my freeradius on
server2 like a value in a table. I'd like my server1 check server2 some
time and if something has changed send a COA packet to mpd to make the
change.

To let it more clear:

I have in my server2 the attribute Mikrotik-Rate-Limit. If this attribute
change for any reason my server1 should know. But unfortunately i don't
have access to server2 to change any freeradius configuration. My server1
should check server2 and compare the last attribute with the new one. If it
has changed send a CoA to mpd.

I thought something like this in my post-auth section on my freeradius
proxy on server1, but didn't work:

update control    {

       Tmp-String-0 = "%{request:Mikrotik-Rate-Limit}"
       Tmp-String-1 = "%{Mikrotik-Rate-Limit}"
}

       if ("%{Tmp-String-0}" != "%{Tmp-String-1}") {

        update coa {
                User-Name = "%{User-Name}"
                Acct-Session-Id = "%{Acct-Session-Id}"
                NAS-IP-Address = "%{NAS-IP-Address}"
                Framed-IP-Address = "%{Framed-IP-Address}"
                Mikrotik-Rate-Limit += "%{request:Mikrotik-Rate-Limit}"

Anyone could help me please?

Thanks