udp sockets and proxy servers

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jul 30 18:18:11 CEST 2015

On Jul 29, 2015, at 4:47 PM, Sergey Komarov <sergey.komaroff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tested 3.0.10 with patch issued by Alan. Thanks for attention for the
> case, but it still have some problems:
>
> 1. In case you put Dst-IP-Address, than FR ignores port settings in coa
> sections of clients (coa server derived from clients.conf). Doesn't matter
> if I put port 1700 in clients.conf it use 3799. Then I add Dst-IP-Port 1700
> and after that it works normally. But... Next point still impact.

  That's not entirely the case.  The problem is that if you set the Packet-Dst-IP-Address, the *default* port to use is the normal CoA port.

  It doesn't look up the client by IP, find the port, and then use that.  That would be a bit more difficult to do.

> 2. After 3.0.10 installed udp sockets finishing very quickly and then it
> dies.

  Please come up with a simple test case, ideally using the default configuration, or minor changes from the default configuration.