Freeradius slow start

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 4 15:20:32 CEST 2015

On Jun 3, 2015, at 7:36 PM, absolutely_free--- via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> I am using freeradius 2.0.4 (official deb package) - unfortunately, this is a very old server with Debian 5.

  Upgrade.  VMs are free.

  You're running a version of FreeRADIUS which is 7 years old.  I have no idea why.  It would take you LESS time to upgrade than to post a question here, and wait for an answer.

> It's a VMware virtual machine with 3 GB ram and 4 vCPU.
>
> I noticed that freeradius take very long time to start.
> Here is strace output of starting pid:

  Why would you think that's useful?

> Since I notice a very high load on this server (freeradius seems to be to root cause, according to top), I'm looking for some help.

  Stop wasting your time (and ours) with questions about 2.0.4  Install 2.2.7 on a recent version of Debian.

  VMs are free.  There is *no excuse* for not upgrading.